Whipping up quick, tasty, and healthy meals shouldn’t sound like rocket science. The following 4 healthy recipes will get you munching on your breakfast, lunch or dinner in under 12 minutes!
(1) Avocado and Poached Egg Breakfast Salad
Who knew salad was this amazing for breakfast! Well, who doesn’t love a little touch avocado in the morning? And, oh, there’s a sprinkle of lettuce, tomatoes, quinoa, and more! Start off your day on the right foot with this delish yet straightforward recipe.
What You Need: 2 eggs, 7 grape tomatoes, 1 avocado, 1 tsp pistachios (yummy!), 2 cups lettuce, 1/4 cup cooked quinoa, and salt/pepper to taste.
1. Just poach your two eggs, nice and easy
2. Make the salads by layering tomatoes, lettuce, sliced pieces of avocado, cooked quinoa, and pistachios. Ensure that you know how to pretty up the plate for appetite
3. Now toss in your poached eggs into your salad plate and top it with a little pepper/salt to taste
4. Bon appetit!
(2) Grapefruit Brulee
This easy recipe by renowned Food Network chefs will get your going all day.
What You Need: 1 Grapefruit, ½ cup of superfine white sugar (sweetener of your choice can do just fine), 4 raspberries
1. Start off by cutting the grapefruit in half. Now, cut between the membranes to get the segments loosened up, but you need to keep the halved grapefruit in place.
2. Sprinkle 2 tsp of superfine white sugar on each grapefruit half. Using a kitchen torch, caramelize the sprinkled sugar
3. Top each half with two raspberries. Enjoy your healthy breakfast!
(3) Turmeric Tofu Scramble
Whether you need a vegan breakfast for rushy mornings or quick dinners for lazy nights, turmeric tofu scramble will fit the bill.
What You Need: 1 tsp turmeric powder, 15 oz. organic firm tofu, 2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional), 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp fine sea salt, 2 tsp non-dairy milk, healthy cooking oil, cherry tomatoes, baby spinach (a bunch), avocado toast.
1. Drain the tofu and then break it into small bits (you can press down the fork to get the crumbs)
2. Add black pepper, yeast, turmeric, salt, and milk - stir the mixture well
3. Using a medium nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium to high heat
4. Stir in the tofu and cook for 3-4 minutes
5. Add baby spinach to the skillet. Cover the lid to steam the spinach
6. Make avocado toast and cherry tomatoes. Serve both while hot.
(4) Banana Berry Smoothie
Healthy juices and smoothies are all the rage right now - and for good reason. They are easy to make and quite healthy for the whole body. For one, smoothies make for the best pre- and post-workout treats.
What You Need: 2 ripe bananas, 1cups frozen blueberries, 1 cups raspberry sherbet, 1 cups gluten-free frozen yogurt, 1 cup berry-blended juice, ice cubes (as needed)
Add raspberry sherbet, peeled bananas, berry blend juice, frozen yogurt to a robust blender. Blend the mix until well-blended. Add 8 ice cubes and process until smooth. Serve promptly.